Rio 2015

Reflections from Hannah

The week we spent in Rio was a week I will never forget.  Before we went to Rio, I don’t think anyone was prepared for what we actually went through.  Going into schools and telling the kids about Jesus was priceless.  The reactions these kids had to us was something that will always be engraved in my mind.

While we walked up to the schools, we walked through environments that many of us had not experienced before.  It showed us how little some of these kids had and how dangerous some of these neighborhoods were.  When we went into the schools, we shared our faith with them and to them it was like giving them hope. These kids just latched onto us.  They showed us so much love and joy even with such little that they had.  These kids showed us that it does not take much to be happy.

When I thought about going to Rio, I never expected that I would make such a big impact on these kids lives, or that these kids would make an impact on mine, but they did.  Their laughs, hugs, and smiles will always be remembered.  If I ever got the chance to go back, I would in a heartbeat.

hannah1 hannah2 hannah3