Here is a list of competitive internship and post-graduate opportunities. These opportunities are best-suited for juniors and seniors who have some previous internship experience.
- You should have already completed at least one internship before applying to any of these internships. You should be able to talk about what you learned there.
- Be able to show examples of your work from your classes, campus organizations, and/or previous internships (writing, campaigns, graphic design, etc.). A digital portfolio is a great way to store and showcase your work.
- For some of these agencies, you might be required to take a current events or writing test, so brush up on AP style and keep current with your news feed.
- Research the agency. Have a good understanding of what they do and the clients they serve. Look for news articles about them.
- Study the position carefully and have a good idea of what you’d be doing as an intern.
- Connect with alumni and faculty to help guide you as needed.