Assistant Account Executive/Account Executive, Corporate – BCW North America, Atlanta, GA
Our team is excited to find an Assistant Account Executive/Account Executive to join our exciting Corporate practice in Atlanta. You are going to work across numerous Fortune 500 client accounts and service various programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, as well as solid research and analytical skills. They must be detailed oriented, resourceful, and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, creative, resourceful, influential, and intellectually curious. You must be on a never-ending quest to stay abreast of evolving trends, human insights and emerging platforms in an effort to generate unique and creative ways to drive clients’ business objectives.
The Corporate team at BCW is one of the most exciting and imaginative teams in the industry. We have blended the old with the new, having a foundation in traditional PR but doing far more across the digital, content and integrated marketing space. We love data and use the power of our in-house research team to propel our creativity and develop award winning work. We look for people who love what they do and can roll up their sleeves to push our creativity even further!
We are in search of a public relations professional to be an integral member of the account team and service the client through research, writing, program development and day to day account administration.
- Working within an integrated communications team to drive program execution and daily client service
- Writing media relations materials to include pitches, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets & bios.
- Developing pitch angles and working with targeted media on story development.
- Assisting in the research and preparation for new business pitches and campaigns.
- Handling monitoring and reporting activities that might include media list building and maintenance, daily media monitoring, and media scanning to identify opportunities for clients.
- Researching a client’s business and industry to maintain a comprehensive knowledge base.
- Exhibiting a true passion for and understanding of emerging digital platforms and how they can be leveraged as part of our clients’ strategies
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of social media tools, from listening/research to community and content management
Experience that contributes to your success:
- 1 to 2 years of previous public relations work experience.
- Strong writing and media relations skills and the ability to translate client’s needs into media opportunities.
- Proven project management abilities.
- Ability to handle high priority and pressure situations.
- Ability to work on a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional and pleasant interpersonal communications skills.
- Advanced understanding of key trade publications and national media outlets.
- Proficiency in the use of office computer programs to include MS Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Prior internship or employment experience in an agency setting is a plus.
About BCW (A WPP Agency):
What does it mean to be part of BCW and the WPP network? It means being a part of a global, multi-faceted, multi-talented creative engine, with access to countless places you can grow.
As the global communications agency built to #movepeople, BCW guides client partners to powerful, culturally relevant ideas, programs and messages that inspire their key stakeholders to think differently, feel deeply and act urgently.
BCW’s commitment to moving people starts with our employees. Here you’ll find ways to ignite your growth while doing meaningful work for exceptional clients in an environment that prioritizes your success, compels collaboration and celebrates learning. We’re committed to moving our people forward in their careers and helping them grow as people and professionals.
We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions is critical to our success, so Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity and the LGBTQIA+, differently abled and veteran communities.
And while there is no one kind of BCW person, everyone at BCW has something in common: A mindset, a way of responding to challenges with openness, curiosity and a commitment to learning. BCW will feed that drive by rewarding courageous tenacity and nurturing your dynamic career.
For more information, visit www.bcw-global.com.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
This is from alum, Katie McAdams. You can contact her if you have questions:
katie mcadams (she/her) | e: firstname.lastname@example.org