- There is a whole lot of “becoming” at college that happens in big and small ways. Remember that your family hasn’t been introduced to the “new you.” They still have version 1.0 in mind, and it may take them a little while to adjust. Be as open and honest as you can about how you see yourself learning and growing while away at college.
- Make time to see friends! And, let your parents know your holiday plans for this as soon as you can.
- Spend time with your family! Intentional time. And if possible, let them know your plans before you arrive.
- Clarify expectations around meals, car use, curfew, daily responsibilities and plans. Communication is key, and your parents will appreciate the effort you put into clarifying expectations before there is a misunderstanding!
- Take a breath and reorient yourself to home. Enjoy the comfort of traditions and recognize that some things may have changed. Both can be good!
- CELEBRATE SAFELY!
Quick reminder: Counseling Services has moved. We are now located on the 3rd floor of Fidelity. Hours and scheduling processes remain the same. For more information visit our website: www.belmont.edu/counseling.