An Encouraging Word for the Stressed Student

Stressed is probably an understatement. When midterms, papers and group projects are all due at the same time, your fall break was full of recruitment, homesickness is setting in, friends are a distant memory because of your packed schedule and on and on… There is little time to yourself- let alone finding time for the Man Upstairs. When you don’t have much control over what is going on around you, look toward the things that you can be accountable for in your life. Attitude. Effort. Faith. Fig Tree says, “Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.” You can make a conscious choice each morning to find a positive attitude, put forth your best effort and continually rejoice in your faith.