RiTara Williams
RiTara Williams
South Africa 2014 - 2015
VIEW FINAL REPORT
My name is RiTara Williams and I will be working at an internship in Cape Town, South Africa. I will be working with African Impact and The Happy Africa Foundation. Read More About RiTara →

Happy days, Holidays!

I know that I have not posted in a while but between not having Wi-Fi long enough to post anything to traveling all over the place, I have simply not had the time to sit down and do this.

There has been so much happening that I do not know where to start so I will just start where I left you last.

Germany was such a great trip! Seeing my brother and sister-in-law along with my precious niece made me so happy! I really enjoy being around my sister-in-law and I am so glad that my brother married her! My brother is on the way to spoiling my niece rotten but she is so cute it is hard not to. It was just nice to be around family when I have been away for so long!

When I came back to Cape Town I had a few days of housesitting before my parents came to visit for Christmas. It is really peaceful in the times of silence, especially after living in a volunteer house for almost 7 months. It also allowed me to think further on my future and what I want out of life. My conclusion is that I will not come up with a conclusion any time soon because I am not in a place where I know what is coming up next yet. I know what I would love to do for the rest of my life, now I have to trust that God will steer me in the right direction.

A few days after arriving back in Cape Town my parents arrived for their Christmas visit! I was so excited to see my parents because it is rare for me to be with both of them for Christmas and this is the second year in a row we were all together. I was able to play the tourist and tour guide taking them around the city that has stolen my heart. This was also supposed to be a time for my parents to get to know my wonderful boyfriend but he ended up catching a nasty stomach virus for the majority of the time my parents were here (fail). Because of some other complications we ended up spending Christmas with my friend Jeremy’s family. We all got up in the morning and went to a phenomenal church service and then headed to Jeremy’s mother’s house for Christmas dinner. Walking into a house filled with stomach growling aromas was such a treat because we originally planned to eat at a Christmas buffet at the Ritz. Christmas turned out to be one that I would never forget. I just felt bad that my boyfriend was sick in bed all day.

A few more days with my parents in Cape Town produced new discoveries and wonderful food. My mother loved her trip so much that she did not want to leave. It was so rewarding to hear that my parents finally got to come here and see what I saw on my first trip here. Hopefully they will be able to come back at some point in the future.

New Year’s Eve did not go as planned because TIA (This is Africa) and things never go as I plan but I am excited to start a new year in a place that I love. I have so much to think about in this year and so many life decisions to make but I am ready for whatever life throws at me!

See you in the summer Nashville!