Dominican Republic 2018

Dominican Republic Reflections – Part 1

Our courageous ladies and staff have returned from their life changing mission trip to Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic. We will be sharing reflections from everyone who made the journey so that you may hear more about how impactful the week was.

Assistant Coach Ashley Thomas:
This opportunity has caused an overwhelming sense of gratefulness. I don’t think there’s a better way to describe it or even a way that will do it justice. I’m not only grateful for how we as a team have gotten to serve while being here, but I’m grateful for how serving has impacted our team. Not many teams get the opportunity to serve together in a place of need and also grow their relationships with each other through Jesus Christ. I think that’s what makes Belmont so unique. This experience is something that the team will hold on to for the rest of their lives and always remember. This experience led to three baptisms and one person accepting Christ as their Lord and Savior for the first time in her life. There are no words I can say to explain that feeling as a coach. I’m so grateful to have been apart of this life changing trip and that God provided us with what we needed to get here.

Junior Brooklin Lee:
This trip has allowed us to grow closer to Jesus and to each other. We have been shown so much love and joy from the people that we have visited. We have learned more from the locals then we could have ever imagined.

Freshman Molly Dietz:
This trip has opened my eyes in many ways. I have experienced His peace and presence different than ever before and He has answered so many prayers that I have been praying for what seems like forever. I have grown with my team in ways I could’ve never imagined and have seen more of their hearts. Not only did I follow the call of getting baptized, but two others of my best friends, as well as witnessing another accept the Lord into their heart. I am so thankful for this experience and am excited to take all of it home with me.

Sophomore Elison Olinger:
This trip has shown me the power of God’s presence. In our visits to the orphanages, in the midst of softball games, and everywhere we went His presence was undeniable. He rid us of fear this week and showed us to be bold for Him. And in being obedient, He’s allowed us to experience true joy! Through the smiles of the girls in the DR and through the heartwarming moments shared  between the team, I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for us back home!