Bruin Blog
27Oct/11Off

Blue People and Black Coffee

Well, we're back from fall break and back to work.  I've already had a lot to do, even since last week.  But this weekend was another welcome reprieve from a packed schedule.  On Saturday night, after spending the day relaxing--I even made myself pancakes for breakfast!--I went to see the Smurfs movie with a group of friends.

We made the short drive to Antioch (about 10 miles) to go to the movies. There's a theater there that sells all its tickets for $1.50, so on a college-student budget, it makes a lot of sense.  Like I said, we went to see the Smurfs movie.  Not your award-winning film, by any means, but I felt like I got my money's worth.  It was one of those where you spend half the time laughing at some decent comedy and the other half laughing at the horribly cliche emotional moments.  Regardless, the 18 or so of us that went enjoyed ourselves.  We also happened to be the only people in the theater that weren't under 12 or the parents of those under 12.  I'm okay with that.

After the movie we went to a Steak and Shake that's pretty close to the theater, and we enjoyed some milkshakes as we talked.  There were some people that went who I hadn't seen or talked to in a few weeks, so it was great to get to catch up on what's going on in their lives.  It seems like sometimes we get so caught up in school and work that we forget that there are wonderful people all around us, just waiting to be known.  That's why my calendar, this week, has "coffee with ____" twice already.  I can't wait.

Posted by Miles

Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Trackbacks are disabled.